Keeler Tavern Museum receives no town, state, or Federal dollars to support its day-to-day operations. Your annual giving is vital, enabling us to preserve a beautiful historic campus as the venue for exceptional programs for visitors of all ages.
Your gift can help us to:
- Develop and deliver school programs that immerse children in the time periods they are studying
- Provide docent-led tours to thousands of visitors from all over the United States and around the world
- Share information about—and images of—our historic documents and objects on our website
- Continually research items in our collection to develop new exhibitions, programs, and online programs about American history
- Offer programs, lectures and events that engage families in learning how major events and trends in U.S. history affected New England town life
- Underwrite young people’s education, whether by subsidizing a school bus that brings underserved children here, supporting an internship for a high school student, or offering a scholarship to one of our summer local history programs
- Fund a scholarship for a student who is pursuing a college or graduate degree in history, education, library science, or museum studies
- Support old-fashioned community events like our June Family Day (FREE), Lantern Tours of the tavern building, an autumn Scarecrow Contest, and Holiday Luncheons and Boutique
- Preserve and maintain five historic building, our unique Cass Gilbert-designed brick-walled garden, and 3+ acres of precious Main Street frontage dating back to 1713
Please give today. Your support is welcome at any time and in any amount.